Dear Church Family,
To continue in our common life together ‘under the Word”, Remington UMC will resume in-person worship services in the sanctuary on November 15, 2020 at 10:00am. Below is a list of important things you need to know to ensure a safe experience and healthy environment for all congregants:
- In-person worship services will take place at 10:00am every Sunday.
- Health Acknowledgement Forms filled out on the Virginia Conference website by Thursday of each week prior to attending the Sunday Service. A new form is required each week. If s/he is unable to fill out the form online, s/he may now answer HAF questions at church before entering the building. Additionally, health guidelines will be posted prominently throughout the facility. Congregants will be asked to acknowledge any changes in health status.
- Pre-registration is required! Due to social distancing requirements, we have limited seating capacity. Please contact Linda at the church office to pre-register.
- Everyone will be required to keep masks on at all times.
- Everyone is required to maintain proper social distancing at all times.
- No shared worship materials will be available such as bulletins, hymnals, bibles, etc.
- Offering will be collected with drop off stations at the entrance door.
- Children who are able to keep their masks on throughout the service are welcome to stay.
- No live singing will be allowed (pre-recorded music will be used).
- No hugging, hand-shaking, or mingling before or after the service will be permitted.
- Information about in-person worship services will be communicated through our website, e-mail, church Facebook page, and U.S. mail.
- We will continue to broadcast the service on Facebook Live for those who wish to participate on-line.
- We will also continue to broadcast our services on FM transmitter for those who wish to listen to the broadcast in the church parking lot. Congregants who select this option must park in every other parking space and remain in their vehicles for the service.
- Holy Communion will follow the new and temporary established guidelines to include: prepackaged elements that are distributed at the exit door with congregants partaking of the elements in the comfort of their vehicle or home.
- If for some reason there is non-compliance with these requirements, the service will be ended.
Before Joining Worship Service:
- Everyone is required to bring their own sanitizers. (Sanitizer will be available just in case.)
- Temperature checking before joining worship service is required. We will have a designated person with gloves to check the temperature of individuals.
- Any changes of health status will be asked.
We look forward to seeing you in-person as we continue to worship the Lord through meaningful liturgical services. Please contact Linda at the church office if you have any questions about this communication.
Grace and Peace,
The Remington UMC Healthy Church Team